Central British Columbia Railway and Forest Industry Museum Society
Certificate of Incorporation Number: S-17999
Charitable Registration Number: 126179167 RR0001
The name of the Society is the “Central British Columbia Railway and Forest Industry Museum Society”, hereinafter called “The Society”
The purpose of the Society is:
- To preserve the industrial heritage of North Central British Columbia with an emphasis on the railway and forest industries.
- To collect, restore and preserve items relating to our industrial heritage and to promote interest and educational programs with respect to our industrial heritage history in North Central British Columbia.
- To acquire or lease and construct and maintain a historically significant museum site.
- To assist in promotion of tourism in North Central British Columbia.
- To advance at every opportunity the interest of the Society and to do all other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of these objectives and the exercise of the powers of the Society.
- To acquire by gift, bequest, devise, transfer or otherwise, property of every nature and description in connection with any of the objectives of the Society.
- To organize and hold fund-raising events for the purpose of generating or acquiring funds to further the objectives of the Society.
- To subscribe to, become a member of and co-operate with other organizations whose objectives are in whole or in part, similar to those of the Society.
- To enter into agreements and arrangements with any Government or authority that may be considered conducive to any of the society’s objectives and to obtain from such Government or authority any rights, privileges, and concessions which the Society may consider desirable to obtain and to carry out, exercise and comply with such arrangements and agreements, rights, privileges, and concessions.
- The Society will not open, manage or operate a Social Club.